Parmiter's Parents' Association
When your child becomes part of the Parmiter's learning community, you will have the opportunity to meet and join with other parents at Parmiter's.
WHY does Parmiter's have a PA?
The PA exists to raise funds to buy resources that enrich the education of the children at Parmiter's and provides a forum for parental participation in the school community.
Over the past 3 academic years, the PA has raised over £50,000 - a fantastic achievement!
This money has been used to provide support and purchase valuable resources for the school and all students.
Recent grants to the school include:
- New music rehearsal and artwork rooms £12,000
- New HD projector for main hall £6,000
- Improved safety and security – CCTV £20,000
- ICT Innovation Centre £11,300
- Blast Cooler (D&T) £2,900
- Audio Visual & Portable PA equipment £3,200
- STEM Club / Computer Club £800
- Outdoor seating and Table Tennis tables £9,000
- New and replacement books £870
- Special guest speakers £1,200
We organise fund raising events throughout the year. These give parents, friends and families the opportunity to participate in a variety of enjoyable activities. Recent events have included:
- The 3 Peaks Challenge. The next 3 Peaks Challenge will be held in June 2020, please see letter for further information and how to express interest in taking part.
- The Christmas Gift Fair and Grand Draw
- Family Quiz Nights
- Celebrating Creativity Exhibition (Art, Music, D&T)
Every parent/carer of a child at Parmiter's is automatically a member of the PA.
We recognise that people are busy and time is often at a premium but here are three key ways to support the PA.
Attend an event, an excellent way to contribute to the school community. The success of every event is guaranteed with every hour that can be given to help.
Volunteer some time to help at events, the success of every event is guaranteed with every hour that can be given to help.
Join the PA Committee which meets regularly to coordinate the PA activities. New members are always welcome.
The current executive officers of the Parents' Association are:
President: Mr Michael Jones (Headmaster)
Chairman: Mr Peter Moss
Vice Chairman: Mrs Mehlika Cetin
Treasurer: Mrs Kalpana Patel
Secretary: Mrs Karen Hill
All the above can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or via the School Office - 01923 671424