Parmiter's Parents' Association
Our Parents' Association is a friendly and welcoming group who meet regularly to plan enjoyable events and activities in support of our school and its students. Every member of the Parmiter's community is welcome to join our informal meetings at any time!
When your child becomes part of the Parmiter's learning community, you will have the opportunity to meet and join with other parents, carers and friends of Parmiter's.
For meeting and event dates, please see the schedule at the bottom of this page.
WHY have a PA?
The PA exists to raise funds to buy resources that enrich the education of all students at Parmiter's. It also provides a great platform for parent and carer participation in the school community.
Over the past 3 academic years, the PA has raised over £50,000 - a fantastic achievement!
This money has been used to provide support and purchase valuable resources for the school and all students. We are currently fundraising to furnish and equip the outside area around the newly finished plaza.
We organise many fundraising events throughout the year. These give parents, carers, friends and families the opportunity to participate in a variety of enjoyable activities ~ and it's great fun to be involved!
Regular events include:
- Family Quiz Nights
- Second hand uniform and study book sales
- The Christmas Gift Fair and Grand Draw
Every parent and carer of a child at Parmiter's is automatically a member of the PA.
Here are some key ways to support the PA.
- Attend an event, an excellent way to contribute to the school community.
- Volunteer some time to help at events, the success of every event is guaranteed with every hour that can be given to help.
- Attend the Parent's Association meetings, everybody is welcome, so feel free to come along.
- Make a donation to the Parent's Association; a great way to help if you're not able to attend an event.
- Many companies offer match funding, please check with your employer to see if they support this initiative.
- Sign up to easyfundraising, which is a really simple and FREE way to support our school. Every time you do your shopping online via easyfundraising, retailers donate money to Parmiter's School. Click on the logo to sign up.
The current executive officers of the Parents' Association are:
President: Mr Michael Jones (Headmaster)
Chairman: Mr Greg Longmore
Vice Chairman: Mrs Lynda Pool
Treasurer: Ms Ozana Dragomir
Secretary: Mrs Linda Cooney/Mrs Reena Patel-Parmar
All the above can be contacted by email email@example.com or via the School Office - 01923 671424
Please see below for meeting dates: