Parmiter's Parents' Association
Sign up to easyfundraising, which is a really simple and FREE way to support our school. Every time you do your shopping online via easyfundraising, retailers donate money to Parmiter's School. Click on the logo to sign up.
When your child becomes part of the Parmiter's learning community, you will have the opportunity to meet and join with other parents at Parmiter's.
WHY does Parmiter's have a PA?
The PA exists to raise funds to buy resources that enrich the education of the children at Parmiter's and provides a forum for parental participation in the school community.
Over the past 3 academic years, the PA has raised over £50,000 - a fantastic achievement!
This money has been used to provide support and purchase valuable resources for the school and all students.
Recent grants to the school include:
- New music rehearsal and artwork rooms £12,000
- New HD projector for main hall £6,000
- Improved safety and security – CCTV £20,000
- ICT Innovation Centre £11,300
- Blast Cooler (D&T) £2,900
- Audio Visual & Portable PA equipment £3,200
- STEM Club / Computer Club £800
- Outdoor seating and Table Tennis tables £9,000
- New and replacement books £870
- Special guest speakers £1,200
We organise fundraising events throughout the year. These give parents, friends and families the opportunity to participate in a variety of enjoyable activities. Events have included:
- The Christmas Gift Fair and Grand Draw
- Family Quiz Nights
- Celebrating Creativity Exhibition (Art, Music, D&T)
Every parent/carer of a child at Parmiter's is automatically a member of the PA.
We recognise that people are busy and time is often at a premium but here are three key ways to support the PA.
Attend an event, an excellent way to contribute to the school community.
Volunteer some time to help at events, the success of every event is guaranteed with every hour that can be given to help.
Attend the Parent's Association AGM and meetings, everybody welcome so feel free to come along.
The current executive officers of the Parents' Association are:
President: Mr Michael Jones (Headmaster)
Chairman: Mr Robert Pyle
Vice Chairman: Mrs Lynda Pool
Treasurer: Mrs Kalpana Patel
Secretary: Mrs Karen Hill
All the above can be contacted by email email@example.com or via the School Office - 01923 671424